Resolutions can be difficult. We set out with the best intentions year after year to make this the year that they stick. Most of us, however, are left feeling worse than when we started as our fire dwindles and the negative thoughts about why we failed creep in. I've been guilty of this more times than I care to count.
I've spent the last year reading about habits and success. What makes one person full of will and another cave at the thought of pressure? I've learned quite a bit about what it takes to make a goal or resolution a reality and here are the key points that most of us get hung up on.
- Most of us set way too many goals or resolutions at once.
- Most of our goals are to big. Think bite size chunks of what can be accomplished in 90 days, not a year.
- Sometimes we fail because the intention behind the resolution isn't in line with our higher self.
- We fail to access and activate all the realms of our life (material, relational, emotional, physical & spiritual) to help accomplish said goal.
- We don't fully understand ourselves when it comes to what makes us follow through or jump off the train in regards to habits.
If you can relate to any of these mistakes I encourage you to join me for the virtual Holiday Detox program where we will break these stumbling blocks down one by one so you can finally realize your resolutions and live a life in line with your higher self. In the meantime check out a talk and meditation below, I recently gave to help you manifest a resolution into reality this coming year.
P.S. Meditation begins at minute 20